Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A record-breaking perfomance by Bafana Bafana!!


I always blame my love for soccer or "the beautiful game" as I prefer to refer to it on my father and brothers. Being the only girl at home, I never had much of a choice as to whether or not we were going to watch soccer on a Saturday, it was a given. I love "the beautiful game" so much that if my team is losing, it takes an emotional toll on me and yes I am the type of fan that screams and shouts vehemently throughout the game.
Bafana Bafana's game last night vs Guatemala was one of those games and I was so happy that I was shouting and screaming happily as the boys delivered a sterling performance! The only ranting I did was directed at our captain Aaron "Mbazo" Mokoena who is notorious for moemish's at the worst of times but that is a story for another day.
Bafana Bafana have been undefeated in their last 11 games which also coincides with when Parreira took over as coach from Santana.The difference in the team's performance is vast and the past few games have given their confidence and morale a deserving boost. Last night's 5-0 win was also the first time that a Bafana Bafana team scored more than 4 goals in an international match, hence why it was a record-breaking performance.
It also garnered more support for Bafana Bafana from South Africans and elevated the levels of excitement and confidence for the 11th of June when they take on Mexico.


We are so proud of you boys and we are behind you all the way!
GO BAFANA BAFANA!

No comments:

Post a Comment