Monday, June 7, 2010

We're a happy family..


The picture above is a collage that my mom has at home of the whole family, I love it so much!!


My cousins and I were all very close when we were kids, we used to visit each other all the time and have sleepovers at each others houses. The best time was when the whole family would be at my grans place for Christmas or a function and we would herd the cows, chase chickens and  play games all day!! I used to look forward to all those times and they made for great childhood memories to look back on.
When we started high school everybody grew apart and we all went through phases of our own with boys, friends, school etc. Whenever we would meet up it was just never the same again and three of my cousins are married now so it was difficult to rekindle the friendship because they have other priorities.
So last year one of my cousins sent a mail to all of us requesting that we meet up seeing as we all live in Johannesburg and I offered for all of them to come to my place because my car had recently been stolen and I was not mobile. I cooked up a storm and everybody brought something like drinks, salad, desert etc. For the first time I could feel that we were reconnecting again and it was so cool and since we were off to such a great start we have been doing this more often.
This past weekend we all met in Kempton Park at Fundo's place and I really had so much fun because I struggle to open up and be myself around people but when I am with them I feel so comfortable to just be me!! I love that we can talk about anything and everything and seeing as I am the youngest, I always get advice based on their experiences. I shared some big news with them that will be revealed soon and their reaction really made me so happy, I am so glad to know that I have their full support. I also realise how lucky I am that we actually get along now because not everyone has this privilege, family is best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment