Wednesday, June 30, 2010

International Football Village







I have been trying to write about the International Football Village (IFV) for the past 2 days and I have been struggling due to a lack of confidence in myself in being able to write about it and really do it justice. I am really hoping that today is d-day!
Below is a basic description of the IFV that I found on their website:
The International Football Village (IFV) has been designed to enable local and international visitors to celebrate the world's biggest sporting event in a safe and entertaining environment. This festive football village is on a five-hectare site near OR Tambo International Airport. Several partners have joined our initiative looking forward to showcase true South African Hospitality to their employees, costumers as well to all international guests. The philosophy behind the idea is having an intensive and diverse dialogue and exchange, as well as celebrating a once in a life time experience as ONE FAMILY.

Reasons why I LOVE the IFV and think it’s the best fan park:

Ample parking space – I am one of those people that always manage to park skew or worse sometimes it takes me quite a few attempts to fit my car in between other cars in a parking space, I am a hazard, I know. This is why I love this parking because there is plenty of space. The parking is a short distance to the entrance and you also have to pay a parking fee of R10.
There are BIG screens everywhere you turn – I am not joking! I think there like 12 big screens in that place which also many seating area’s which cater for all types of people.
Indoor and Outdoor seating area’s – this for me is why the IFV is the best fan park to go and watch the games. It was quite chilly on Sunday so we opted for the indoor seating area and we didn’t freeze to death like we normally do.
Live Entertainment – Jamali performed on Sunday and it was my first time seeing them perform live and I thought they were awesome. They didn’t just perform their songs but some old favourites as well and had the crowd on the dance floor, we had so much fun and we even met Jamali afterwards!
Brazilian Beach Bar & the Shebeen – These unique seating areas are what make this place fun! The Beach Bar serves Pina Colada and Mojito’s and the shebeen plays music that really does make you feel like you are in one.
Food & Drinks – was so shocked at how cheap food is at the IFV, it’s so affordable; I just kept going back for more.

If you haven’t decided where you’re watching the final yet, I would recommend the IFV, it’s only R100 for a ticket :)

No comments:

Post a Comment