Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sex and the City 2


I literally cannot explain my excitement when I went to watch Sex and The City 2! I must admit though that I have never watched the series but am a big fan of the movie, I am planning somewhere in the near future to find the time to actually watch the series though. There were so many other ladies there (as only can be expected), everyone had come with their best gal pals and I was forced to drag my boyfriend along due to miscommunication with a friend and was very impressed because he was on his best behaviour, didn't complain once!
Much like the fabulosity of the characters of Sex and the City it seems like there's an unspoken rule that you have to look fabulous just to go and watch the movie because you could tell that everyone had made the extra effort to look fabulous ;) I will rate the movie on all the different elements that stood out for me.

Fashion: 10/10
Loved, loved, loved the fashion!! The one thing that stood out for me about this move is the fashion and I had the same expectations with the sequel and they delivered. At some point, I actually thought that the characters were changing clothes in every scene because we just kept being dazzled by ensembles with every second breath. I just heard "oohs" and "aaahs" in the cinema and comments like "that shoe" oh " that dress", literally jaw-dropping. I loved Carrie's shoes & shades in the opening scene, Charlotte's deep pink dress in the "lunch in the desert" scene and almost all of Miranda's outfits!!
I love Charlotte's and Miranda's dresses in the above pic, understated glam!
Location: 8/10
New York: We didn't see much of New York in this movie but loved the opening track with Alicia Key's rendition of Empire State of Mind, when I go New York one day, i will walk the streets with that song playing on my ipod.
Abu Dhabi: I think the girls all-expenses-paid trip made Abu Dhabi seem so stunning, I doubt that I would have my own Maybach waiting to take me to my hotel upon my arrival. Their trip was any girls dream come true - up until Samanatha was caught "kissing" of course! Nonetheless I still saw side of it that I would have never dreamed that there could be, it was such a complementary background to the fashion, the girls dresses were so easy-flowing and laid back. I loved the camel rides and am not so sure about lunch in the desert, not in that kind of heat!
I love Carrie and Miranda's dresses in this pic and would rock Samantha's pants to a hot party!
Storyline: 4/10
If you go to watch this move with expectation of a substantial plot, please leave that notion at home because this movie is all things airy-fairy and how the hell do you expect to focus on all the fashion with a dramatic storyline?? I mean really!! I loved the nanny storyline and the fact that my boyfriend knows that he will never ever see a nanny that looks like that in our household ever, brought a smile to my face! I was disappointed that nothing much happened around Miranda or Samantha and the Carrie, Aidan and Big storyline was disappointing.

I love, love Charlotte's dress in this pic, I really want it!!


Gay wedding: 8/10
The gay choir was awesome, what an idea, i was really blown away by that even the swans could have stole that limelight. Liza Minnelli singing "All the Single Ladies" was the cherry on top, she did it justice, with such chutzpah and Sasha fierce attitude.


All in all I was very happy, I loved the movie and I think even my boyfriend enjoyed it although I doubt he would ever admit it. All my fashionably forward ladies, don't miss this one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment